If your question is not here contact us
Disciples Ink Tattoo studios is a vibrant tattoo company based in Stellenbosch, Strand, Durbanville and Hermanus. When you walk in you are guaranteed to be greeted with a friendly smile and the utmost professionalism.
- Yes. Tattoos hurt.
- The level of pain depends on many factors: placement of your tattoo, your natural pain threshold, how relaxed and rested you are.
- Everyone experiences their tattoo differently, so keep in mind, what’s a painful spot for one person may not be the same experience for someone else.
- Do not use numbing lotion of any kind before your tattoo, as this can affect the integrity of the tattoo application and healing.
- All tattoos will fade somewhat over time. But looking after your tattoo will ensure its longevity.
- Putting sunscreen on and moisturizing daily will help preserve your tattoo.
- A thin layer of skin will grow over your tattoo, which will lighten your tattoo over time.
- At Disciples Ink we have THREE ways of pricing…
- 1: For single pieces (no sleeves, back pieces etc.), we will price according to the size, detail and color of your tattoo. The bigger your tattoo is and depending on the details, or if there is color, the more it will cost.
- 2: You tell us what your budget is, and we will help you with a design that will fall into that price range.
- 3: For bigger tattoos, or tattoos that will take a significant amount of time, or more than one session, we charge R 1200 per hour. You can email us anytime, with your reference attached for a free quote and consultation.
- It all depends on the size, detail and color of your tattoo.
- Your artist (each artist works at their own pace, but we will give you an estimated time when you make your booking)
- Your pain threshold (If you take breaks, that will take up more time)
- Eat something. Having a good meal always helps, especially if you are getting a Big Tattoo done.
- NO numbing cream.
- Tattoo bookings are made with our best estimations of time per artist. We cannot how ever guarantee that each tattoo will take the exact time estimated.
- Our Artists are there to give you a great tattoo, and it is their art. Please respect your artist.
- Speak up. Our artists will do everything they can to make you comfortable, but they need you to let them know if you are not.
- Only customers at the tattoo station. We understand you want your friends and family with you, but it can be very distracting for the artist, and the studio can very quickly become over crowded.
- Don’t drink alcohol before coming for your tattoo as this thins out your blood and can make it difficult for the artist to work on your skin.
- Be open minded. We have experienced artists who know what they are doing, and will guide you to get the best possible design for your tattoo.
- The prices of tattoos are carefully considered. Please respect our quotations for our art, otherwise refer to price estimate 2. Professional tattoos are worth paying for.
What can I say. Pure Perfection. J. J from Desciples Ink Stellies did an awesome job on my almost completed half sleeve. Definitely flying back to get the rest done.Sandro Soares
After 1-3 hours, remove the bandage or gel and wash with warm water and mild soap. DO NOT REBANDAGE or apply any creams or gels.
Only the first 2 days of having your tattoo is it allowed to be washed. From the 3rd day of getting your tattoo, NO MORE WATER ON THE TATTOO AT ALL. Water will damage your tattoo from the 3rd day on wards of the healing process. However from the 3rd day we advise you START putting cream (Unscented Cream) on the tattoo daily until healed.
Stay out of sunlight and tanning booths until tattoo is healed, at least 7-10 days.
Do not soak tattoo in tub, sauna, jacuzzi or go swimming while your new tattoo is healing. Showers are fine.
Do not rub or pick the treated area while it is healing. Loss or color and/or infection could occur.
Extreme sun and exposure over the years can and will fade your tattoo. This can be minimized by using a strong sunscreen, at least SP30.